Are you planning on visiting Guanacaste, Cosa Rica, anytime soon? Well, if you are, you should plan ahead of your trip so that you don’t have any difficulty on your trip. Here are 17 things you need to know before visiting Guanacaste:
- The people of Costa Rica are one of the happiest people ever! It’s a safe country and is one of the very few countries without an army. The slogan of the country is Pura Vida, which translates into “pure life.”
- Dengue is a pretty dominant disease over there, however, it only occurs during the rainy season. You can get protective sprays for that, organic or regular.
- From December to May, Guanacaste is sunny and the heat can get pretty high. Guanacaste rarely receives any rain. Even if it does rain, it’s mostly from May to November!
- The Arenal Volcano is only a 2.5-hour drive from Guanacaste!
- The USD currency is acceptable for use in Guanacaste. Therefore, if you’re from America, you won’t have to convert your money!
- It’s one of the 11 blue zones in the world! Which are regions of the world where Dan Buettner claims people live much longer than average.
- There’s a wide variety of flora and fauna!
- Guanacaste is a pretty safe area to visit.
- The Santa Rosa National Park in Guanacaste is a must visit and it’s a typical example of a dry tropical forest.
- Guanacaste was actually named after a historical tree!
- Many surfing spots are available in Costa Rica. Like Marbella, Nosara, Tamarindo, Playa Grande and many others.
- If you’re worried about how you’ll stay connected to your friends back at home, don’t worry because they have Wi-Fi facilities almost everywhere!
- Since Guanacaste has a rich coastal field, you should get a waterproof camera before you go so that you can take pictures of marine life while on a dive.
- It’s a very romantic and adventurous place to go to, so you can definitely plan your honeymoon here or even your wedding.
- Theft is the most common crime here, even though its rate is also pretty low. Take care of your pockets nonetheless!
- Tap water in Guanacaste is clean!
- It’s a great place for families to visit.
So, what are you waiting for? Visit this beautiful destination today!